Sunday, May 27, 2012

Merida the Brave

This is a painting I did yesterday of Merida, Pixar's heroine from their new film, Brave. Spent all afternoon practicing painting on this one, usually I'd use the eyedropper tool to sample colors but I wanted to do it visually, also I haven't really sat and painted rendered characters much at all since last year due to animation thesis. I could never find the time. So I'm actually happy with how this came out. I used a poster for reference and altered the pose slightly as well as her expression: you'd know if you saw the original version is different even on the mood. I added a filter now with instagram because I hadn't drawn a background for it and I like it much more now, it's not how I originally painted it but I think it looks great this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment